Review my resumé below or download a copy.
Wedding-obsessed designer with a passion for detail. Computer-savvy with experience in Adobe Creative Suites. Highly organized and out-of-the-box thinker. Great interpersonal skills.
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA–Bachelor of Science, 2014, Cum Laude
- B.S. Apparel, Housing, and Resource Management
- Apparel Product Development and Merchandising Management
- Minors: Business, Theatre Arts (Costume Design Emphasis)
- GPA: 3.84 Major, 3.54 Overall, Awarded Apparel Outstanding Senior
event assistant, bliss weddings & events; Chicago, iL – 2017-Present
- Provide day-of assistance for wedding and event planners at Bliss as well as at their sister company, Wrap It Up Parties.
- Assist with set-up, logistics, maintaining the schedule, and other duties as needed.
- Directly assisting the bride and groom, as well as the wedding party and parents as needed.
Customer service representative, Bruske products; tinley park, il – 2017-Present
- Provide B2B customer service in a professional and efficient manner.
- Maintain files and assist in administrative and office duties.
- Streamline and update forms with Adobe Acrobat.
Counter Staff and Manager, Climb On Rock Gym; Homewood, IL — 2016-2017
- Created safe and enjoyable experiences by providing effective climbing instruction, facilities orientation, equipment rental, and other customer services as needed.
- Helped clients choose the best climbing package for them to help maximize their chance of becoming repeat customers or members.
- Modernized and managed comprehensive online presence, including website and social media.
- Led hiring decisions, and implemented new staff scheduling, policies, and training.
- Managed customer communication and special event planning and implementation.
Designer, Grand and Rush; Chicago, IL — 2015
- Designed line of women’s winter wear along with men’s and women’s accessories for high-end fashion startup.
Data Entry, E-Learn Partners; Chicago Heights, IL – 2015
- Data entry for an online learning portal.
Merchandising Assistant, University Girls Apparel; Chicago, IL — 2014-2015
- Created Illustrator artwork for each style and color, worked within school branding guidelines, edited product photos, and marketed via social media.
- Assisted with various administrative tasks related to marketing, licensing, and design.
intern, Fighting Gravity–Spring 2011-Fall 2013
- Need-based Stitcher and Costume Intern
staff, Interlochen Center for the Arts–Summer 2010, 2011
- Costume Stitcher–Summer 2011
- Assisted with constructing costumes for two productions
- Backstage wardrobe manager for the musical, Carousel, with thirty teenage cast members
- Props Assistant–Summer 2010
- Assisted with building props for two productions, including puppets for Comedy of Errors
- Served as a stagehand for the musical, Aida, with thirty teenage cast members
- Adobe CC: (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Acrobat)
- Microsoft Office: (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Mac OS, Windows XP-current
- Social Media: (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Google+, Pinterest)
- Website Editing: (Squarespace, Wordpress)
Apparel Construction Skills:
- Apparel Construction
- Basic Pattern Making
Student Leadership Fall 2013
- Fashion Merchandising and Design Society (FMDS) Faculty and Student Panel member
- Invited to be the student speaker on a Q&A panel with faculty members about internship and design experiences
- Student Speaker
- Invited to speak in freshman experience course about collegiate apparel, internship, and design experiences
FMDS Annual Fashion Show Spring 2012, 2013, 2014
- “Urban Jungle”: Spring 2014
- Submitted three original collegiate designs–a business dress, formal gown, and "Super Hokie" costume
- Won “Best Overall Designer” award
- “Sinful… A Fashionable Affair”: Spring 2013
- Submitted eleven original collegiate designs ranging from casual to semi-formal
- Won “Best Overall Designer” award
- “Iconic Elegance”: Spring 2012
- Submitted four original designs
- Won “Best New Designer” award
VT Theatre Productions:
- Almost, Maine: Costume Designer, Fall 2011
- The Fantasticks: Assistant Costume Designer, Spring 2011
- Sylvia (by A.R. Gurney): Costume Designer, Fall 2010
- Designed and constructed new costume from fabric, leather, and sequins inspired by Wonder Woman and Thor for 2013-2014 school year
- Cassell Guard General–Basketball Student Section Leaders, 2012-Present
- Duct-tape costume wore to VT Football and Basketball Games–2012-2013
- Entered in Duck Brand Duct Tape School Spirit Competition (Fall 2011)
Please download a copy to retain for your personal records.