Review my resumé below or download a copy.
Marketing-savvy designer with an obsession for details. Experienced at developing brand image and establishing community and online presence through modern website design and active social media engagement. Exemplary interpersonal and organizational skills resulted in a quick promotion to my current management position. Dedicated to providing exceptional customer experiences through both representative and management positions.
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA–Bachelor of Science, 2014, Cum Laude
- B.S. Apparel, Housing, and Resource Management
- Apparel Product Development and Merchandising Management Option
- Minors: Business, Theatre Arts (Costume Design Emphasis)
- GPA: 3.84 Major, 3.54 Overall, Awarded Apparel Outstanding Senior
Manager, Climb On Rock Gym; Homewood, IL — 2017-Present
- Modernize and manage comprehensive online presence, including website and social media.
- Lead hiring decisions, execute data clean up, and contribute to gym outlook meetings.
- Coordinate, create, and implement, staff scheduling, policies, and training.
- Manage customer communication and special event planning and implementation.
Counter Staff, Climb On Rock Gym; Homewood, IL— 2016-Present
- Create safe and enjoyable experiences by providing effective climbing instruction, facilities orientation, equipment rental, and other customer services as needed.
- Perform administrative and custodial duties in order to maintain efficient operations in a welcoming environment.
- Serve as shift supervisor to ensure efficient operations during periods of heavy customer traffic.
Designer, Grand and Rush; Chicago, IL — 2015
- Designed line of women’s winter wear along with men’s and women’s accessories for high-end fashion startup.
Data Entry, E-Learn Partners; Chicago Heights, IL – 2015
- Data entry for an online learning portal.
Merchandising Assistant, University Girls Apparel; Chicago, IL — 2014-2015
- Created Illustrator artwork for each style and color, worked within school branding guidelines, edited product photos, and marketed via social media.
- Assisted with various administrative tasks related to marketing, licensing, and design.
intern, Fighting Gravity–Spring 2011-Fall 2013
- Need-based Stitcher and Costume Intern
staff, Interlochen Center for the Arts–Summer 2010, 2011
- Costume Stitcher–Summer 2011
- Assisted with constructing costumes for two productions
- Backstage wardrobe manager for the musical, Carousel, with thirty teenage cast members
- Props Assistant–Summer 2010
- Assisted with building props for two productions, including puppets for Comedy of Errors
- Served as a stagehand for the musical, Aida, with thirty teenage cast members
- Adobe CC: (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Microsoft Office: (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Mac OS, Windows XP-current
- Social Media: (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Google+, Pinterest)
- Website Editing: (Squarespace, Wordpress)
Apparel Construction Skills:
- Apparel Construction
- Basic Pattern Making
Student Leadership Fall 2013
- Fashion Merchandising and Design Society (FMDS) Faculty and Student Panel member
- Invited to be the student speaker on a Q&A panel with faculty members about internship and design experiences
- Student Speaker
- Invited to speak in freshman experience course about collegiate apparel, internship, and design experiences
FMDS Annual Fashion Show Spring 2012, 2013, 2014
- “Urban Jungle”: Spring 2014
- Submitted three original collegiate designs–a business dress, formal gown, and "Super Hokie" costume
- Won “Best Overall Designer” award
- “Sinful… A Fashionable Affair”: Spring 2013
- Submitted eleven original collegiate designs ranging from casual to semi-formal
- Won “Best Overall Designer” award
- “Iconic Elegance”: Spring 2012
- Submitted four original designs
- Won “Best New Designer” award
VT Theatre Productions:
- Almost, Maine: Costume Designer, Fall 2011
- The Fantasticks: Assistant Costume Designer, Spring 2011
- Sylvia (by A.R. Gurney): Costume Designer, Fall 2010
- Designed and constructed new costume from fabric, leather, and sequins inspired by Wonder Woman and Thor for 2013-2014 school year
- Cassell Guard General–Basketball Student Section Leaders, 2012-Present
- Duct-tape costume wore to VT Football and Basketball Games–2012-2013
- Entered in Duck Brand Duct Tape School Spirit Competition (Fall 2011)
Please download a copy to retain for your personal records.